Tips To Make Moving Easier
Posted on March 26, 2015 by Stephanie
Spring is the busiest time of year for moving. We are so excited about everyone that has come by to tour our brand new facility and we look forward to making you part of our community.
When people move no matter how many lists we have, somehow we forget something. We’ve created a list of tips to hopefully make your transition to Winthrop Towson as smooth as possible!
- Make a daily schedule for yourself. We suggest printing out a physical calendar, posting it somewhere you can see it every day leading up to moving. On the calendar be sure to include phone numbers to movers, power company, gas company, cable or internet provider. Basically, phone numbers to anyone that you need to touch base with before you take possession of your apartment.
- Don’t forget to book your vendors, it’s never too early to get them scheduled.
- Prioritize what things you need right away and what you can wait for. You might not need brand new towels for your second bathroom right away, but you don’t want to forget toilet paper.
- Dedicate 2 or 3 full days to pack. Packing for two weeks before you move in can be extremely stressful. Getting it all done in a few days is a great idea – get it done, and check it off your list.
- Label all of your boxes. While it seems like a simple suggestion, it’s easy to get distracted in the chaos of moving. Definitely label as you go – miscellaneous is not a label! You don’t want to go through boxes in a few weeks when you’re looking for something that you really need that might have been thrown in the miscellaneous box black hole.
- Once everything is in your new home do something simple like make your bed. It’s easy to do and it will make you feel right at home in your new place.
We hope you find these tips helpful! Of course, if there is anything we can do to make your move easier please don’t hesitate to ask us.