5 Things To Try To Make Your Day Nicer
Posted on September 11, 2015 by Stephanie
Three snoozes, spilt coffee, the eternal problem of what to wear- sound familiar? How do I make my mornings better, smoother, less hectic? We’ve come up with five simple things to try in the morning for an improved; maybe even awesome morning.
- Meditate – The morning is the perfect time to take ten minutes to yourself for a bit of self love. Meditating first thing in the morning helps your face the day in a calmer, more focused, and more positive state of of mind.
- Light A Candle – Light a candle in your bedroom for the 10-20 minutes when you’re getting ready for the day. The candle doesn’t need to be fancy and it doesn’t need to be scented if that’s not your jam- the simple presence of a flame has a wonderfully grounding effect. This trick works especially well in the winter, when the darkness outside is counteracted by a cozy sense of well-being inside.
- Exercise – Or at the very least, move. Getting the blood pumping and muscles working in the morning can do wonders for your mood all day, not to mention your health.
- Have Breakfast – We all know breakfast is the most important meal of the day, or at least that’s what’s been drilled into us since childhood. At least have a plan to avoid mid-day crashes or a trip to the cookies in the break room.
- Make a list for the day – In the morning, your mind is clear, and you’re able to focus on planning and productivity. Before emails, requests from colleagues, and texts from friends begin to filter in and cloud your mind, get set on what really needs to be done that day. Don’t overwhelm yourself – try to limit yourself to 3-5 things you have to get done.
We hope these tips will help make your morning fabulous. If you have any additional tips, we’d love to hear from you!